Sweet French toast – famous French toast recipe with whole wheat bread, sugar, eggs, milk and honey. It’s a tasty toast recipe for kids, even fussy eaters can’t say a no to it! I make this sweet french toast occasionally when I pressed for time and want something really quick for a breakfast/snack. You can give this yummy French toast to your toddlers/kids after one year. It can be served with honey, dates syrup or tastes great even plain.
Sweet French Toast Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Bread - 4 slices
- Eggs - 2
- Brown sugar - 2 tbsp
- Milk - 1/8 cup
- Ghee/ Butter - as needed to toast
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Beat the eggs until frothy and fluffy with required milk. I have used the whip option in my blender.
- Transfer egg and milk to a bowl. Add sugar and vanilla essence.
- Now again mix everything together with a whisk until slightly frothy. Heat a tawa. Dip bread in the egg mixture on both sides.
- Immediately transfer the bread to the hot pan and toast it well on both the sides until brown by adding ghee/butter.
- You can use milk bread too. But make sure to adjust the sugar accordingly.
- Don’t dip the bread for more time in the egg mixture. But make sure to coat the bread well with egg mixture on all sides evenly.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.