Bread recipes are always a hit among kids! This sooji toast is super delicious and can be done in a jiffy when there is a demand for a quick evening snack or even as breakfast. I have just adapted this recipe from a TV show. It was well explained and sounded so simple to me. All of us loved this sooji toast and already there is a demand to make this again and I am waiting for the chance! It can be given for toddlers above 1 year and kids. Do try once and I am sure you will make it once again!
Sooji Toast Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Rava Toast
- Whole Wheat Bread - 6 slices
- Sooji/Rava - 1/2 cup
- Onions - 1 small sized
- Tomatoes - 1 small
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Corainder leaves - a handful
- Curd/Yogurt - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Butter/ghee - to toast
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Mix all the ingredients in a vessel except bread slices and ghee/butter. Mix well to form a smooth batter, adjust with little water to reach the desired consistency.
- Take a bread slice and coat with a sooji batter on one side. Apply butter or ghee on the other side. Repeat the same for remaining bread slices.
- Heat a pan or dosa tawa. Transfer the bread to the pan/tawa carefully. Cook it until brown on one side for 3 to 5 minutes and flip it carefully. Cook for 2 more minutes or until it's cooked completely & remove from tawa once done. Repeat the same process for remaining bread slices.
- Don’t spread the sooji batter too much on the bread slice otherwise, it will come out while toasting.
- You can add any grated vegetables of your choice to make this sooji toast.
- Always choose whole wheat bread or multi-grain bread for a healthy version.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.