Paneer Stir Fry with vegetables- easy, tasty and healthy dish for toddlers & kids made with cottage cheese aka paneer and mixed vegetables. This paneer stir fry can be perfect as a side dish with roti/chapati, jeera rice or even plain rice, also best as a finger food for babies. If you got a picky eater at home, feeding time must be challenging and you must be trying many ways to include vegetables, this paneer stir fry is appealing for the eyes and tempting enough to make the kids eat:) Do give this a try, hope your kids like it! You can add any available seasonal vegetables of your choice along with paneer to make this stir fry. It can be given to babies after one year once they started eating all family foods.
Paneer Stir Fry Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese - 1.5 cups
- Vegetables chopped* - 1 cup
- Onions - 1 small sized
- Garlic - 1 teaspoon chopped
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder - ¼ tsp
- kasoori methi - 1 teaspoon crushed
- Coriander leaves - to garnish
- Water - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 2 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- * I used carrots yellow corn, red and green capsicum
- Wash all the vegetables and cut them into small cubes. Set aside. Chop onions, garlic and coriander leaves. Wash paneer and cut them into cubes. Set aside.Keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Saute until cumin seeds cracks. Then add onions.
- Saute onions until it's transparent.Then add chopped vegetables along with turmeric powder,red chilli powder,garam masala and salt, toss it well. Add 2 tablespoon of water and cook it covered for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Make sure the vegetables are soft enough to bite but not too mushy.
- Open the lid and check the pan whether the vegetables are cooked well. Add cubed paneer along with crushed kasoori methi once the vegetables are cooked till soft.
- Mix well.Toss everything well for two to three minutes and switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add 1 small tomato while sauteing (after onions) for a tangy flavor.
- Any seasonal vegetables can be used to make this paneer vegetables stir fry.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure the vegetables are soft enough to bite but not too mushy.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this paneer vegetables stir fry.
Such a yummy recipe! My lil one loved it
Thanks a lot for your positive feedback:)