Instant Sooji Uttapam/Sooji Cheela/Rava Cheela – Thick pancake like dosa made with sooji/rava , curd/yogurt, grated veggies and cashews. Dealing with fussy eater as a parent is not easy, you might me trying more ways to include veggies in their diet for their nutrition. This sooji cheela is one such delicious recipe, there are only least chances for kids to say a no to it 🙂 This sooji cheela is very quick to make and tastes so delicious, it can be given to babies as finger food from 8 months and give as a quick evening snack for toddlers and kids. You can serve this sooji uttapam plain or with curd or any chutney or even sambar. You can check our collection of 15+ dosa varieties here.
Now Let’s get on to check how to make this easy sooji uttapam/ sooji cheela for babies, toddlers and kids.
Instant Sooji Uttapam Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Sooji Cheela for Babies
- Sooji/ Rava / Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Curd / Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped
- Green chilli - 1 tsp chopped
- Cashews - 1.5 tbsp chopped
- Onions - 3 tbsp chopped
- Tomato - 2 tbsp chopped
- Chopped Vegetables* - 3/4 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Oil/Ghee - for making Uttappams
- * I used corn carrots & beans
- Chop the onions, coriander leaves and tomatoes finely. Chop all vegetables finely. Keep everything ready. In a mixing bowl, add sooji and curd.
- Then add onion, tomato, ginger, coriander leaves, green chilli, chopped vegetables, required salt, and 1/2 cup of water. Mix everything well and add some water if the batter is too thick. Close the mixing bowl with a lid and set this mixture aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- After 30 minutes, Heat a pan or iron skillet, add a ladle of prepared batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. It should be thick like pancakes. Sprinkle oil/ghee. Cook in low medium flame. Cook until brown on one side for three minutes and flip it carefully. Repeat the same for remaining sooji batter.
- Cook in low medium flame to get better results.
- You can try this sooji cheela with broken wheat rava instead of sooji.
- You can add any chopped veggies of your choice.
- Don’t spread this sooji uttappam thin.
- Introduce this sooji cheela to your baby after introducing sooji & veggies separate.
- This sooji uttappam tastes best when served hot.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.