Top 22 Indian Egg Recipes - Eggs are super nutritional food for babies, toddlers, and kids as it helps in brain development. It's also packed with proteins, and rich in Vitamin D. Hence including eggs in children's diet is essential for their growth. Eggs are also known for their versatility as that can be fit easily to sweet or savory recipes. Here are some collection of healthy and delicious egg recipes with more information about eggs for baby.
When to introduce eggs for babies:
Egg whites are one of the potential allergens. But egg yolk is less likely to trigger an allergic reaction. Hence the egg yolk can be given from 7 to 8 months after introducing some basic foods. Egg whites can be included after one year of age.
But recent studies are suggesting to introduce allergen foods sooner, hence consult with your doctor about adding egg whites before one year as reactions with egg allergies may be severe. When you begin eggs, you can offer a thoroughly boiled egg yolk to your baby.
How to introduce eggs for babies:
- Start with one thoroughly boiled yellow yolk per day and check for allergies.
- If your baby is not allergic to yellow yolks, you can slowly introduce egg white after a week (after discussing with the doctor & no family history of allergies to eggs)
- Then you can gradually include omelet, scrambled eggs, and other egg recipes
- Eggs can be given to babies maximum 3-4 times a week
- Offer only well-cooked egg to your baby and avoid raw or half boiled eggs which are not recommended at least until one or even two years.
How to select and store Eggs for Baby Food
- Choose fresh, Grade A eggs which are from free-range, pasteurized hens. There is no nutrition difference between white and brown eggs.
- Fresh eggs are the best choice for your baby, Fresh eggs should sink in water, whereas older eggs float in water.
- Buying organic eggs is recommended for baby to avoid chemical contamination.
- Store the eggs in the coldest section of the refrigerator along with their original carton packaging. Avoid keeping them in the refrigerator door. Use the eggs within a week or best by the date given in the package.
- Wash your hands and utensils, with hot water after handling eggs to prevent cross-contamination of bacteria.
- Always serve the eggs fresh after cooking well and avoid leftover eggs for baby.
Nutrients in Eggs
Health Benefits of Eggs for Babies and Toddlers
- Eggs contain various essential nutrients. It supports overall development in babies and kids.
- Eggs are rich in Protein which helps in healthy weight gain and height growth in children.
- Egg yolks are easily digestible even for small babies.
- Minerals in eggs act as an antioxidant and help build up your child’s immune system also supports eye health.
- Protein and iron in eggs help fighting anemia in children.
- Choline and good cholesterol in eggs improve memory and support brain development in growing kids.
Here is the video of 3 easy and healthy egg recipes for babies
Top 22 Indian EggRecipes for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
Bookmark this page for future reference as I will be updating this post regularly with different egg recipes. Click on each thumbnail image or the link given below for the methods. Eggs can be given to babies from 7 or 8 months, but some egg recipes are better suited to slightly older babies. Hence choose recipes according to your baby's age which is mentioned in the brackets along with the recipe. Please refer to the notes section given at the end of this post for the points to remember before making these egg recipes for your baby!
Indian style quick egg stir-fry made with egg, cheese, and milk. It can be served as a snack or finger food for babies. It is one of the way best way to include eggs in their diet.
Banana pancakes are the best finger foods for babies and a great snack option for kids. This simplest pancakes can be made in minutes and needs only two ingredients: banana & eggs. It’s quite filling and rich in nutrients as well.
Easy and quick sandwich recipe with wholewheat bread and eggs for toddlers/kids. This egg sandwich recipe is easy to make, yet filling and delicious as breakfast or a quick evening snack. If you have a fussy eater who doesn’t like to eat vegetables or eggs, then this egg sandwich is a great alternative.
Bread omelette or eggy bread is an easy peasy recipe that is a sure hit among kids. It is very quick to prepare but makes a wholesome breakfast or snack for kids.
Egg potato scramble/Egg Bhurji is an Indian style scrambled eggs with potatoes, onions, and capsicum. It is an easy dish that you can make in a jiffy. It may look so messy but tastes delicious and nutritious too. Delicious evening snack or breakfast/dinner for toddlers & kids.
Spinach Egg Fry/Spinach egg scramble/Spinach Egg Bhurji is a scrambled eggs recipe with spinach, eggs, onions, and cheese. Its a true winner recipe with kids and everyone else as it tastes so good and flavorful. This spinach egg scramble is a good option to make the kids eat spinach as well.
Easy, quick and healthy recipe with eggs and spinach. This spinach omelet is another way to include eggs in kids diet with the healthy goodness of spinach.
Easy, quick, tasty and healthy calcium-rich omelette recipe with eggs and paneer aka cottage cheese. This paneer omelette is a perfect breakfast for kids as its quite filling and wholesome. It is effortless to make and hardly takes 15 mins if you have paneer in hand.
Cheese omelet is an easy peasy recipe with eggs and cheese. It’s a best healthy weight gaining recipe for kids and tastes delicious too. Hence even fussy eaters can’t say a no to it!
Oats Egg omelet is an easy, quick and healthy recipe with oats, eggs, and vegetables. It is a wholesome food with the goodness of vegetables and tasty for breakfast.
Pizza Style Omelette is an easy and yummy omelet with eggs and vegetables. It is a tasty evening snack or breakfast/dinner for toddlers & kids.
Easy, tasty and healthy recipe with eggs and mushrooms. Mushroom Omelette is a delightful snack and true winner recipe with kids as it is light, fluffy, has a nice flavor and tastes sumptuous.
Egg omelet is very simple to make with few ingredients, and you can serve it anytime as a snack. Best for your children's breakfast when paired with bread toast.
Sweet French toast is a famous French toast recipe with whole wheat bread, sugar, eggs, milk and honey. It’s a tasty toast recipe for kids; even fussy eaters can’t say a no to it!
Beetroot pancakes are an easy pancakes recipe with beetroots, whole wheat flour & eggs. Easy and super healthy pancakes for toddlers & kids.
Oats aka oatmeal pancakes recipe with oats, whole wheat flour & eggs. Easy and super tasty pancakes for toddlers & kids.
Egg dosas are great finger foods for babies and the best breakfast or snack option for toddlers and kids. It can be made in minutes and needs only dosa batter & eggs. It’s delicious and healthy too.
South Indian Style easy and quick, mildly spiced, child-friendly curry made with boiled eggs and coconut.
Easy and delicious egg biryani using a pressure cooker make a delightful lunch or dinner for kids!
This savory breakfast egg muffins are so easy to make and must try for egg lovers. It is so filling and tasty with the goodness of vegetables and cheese. If your little one is bored of usual egg recipes, you could try these egg muffins for a change, and they will like it for sure.
Egg podimas is a South Indian style quick egg stir fry made with eggs. It goes well with rice but can be very well paired up with Chapati/Roti as well. Kids will love this stir fry, and it is one of the few ways to make them eat eggs.
Egg Rice is a healthy rice variety with eggs, vegetables, and mild spices! Perfect for your kid's lunch Box!
- Never introduce more than one food at a time when introducing solids to your baby.
- Check for allergy symptoms when you are introducing new food to your baby and stop feeding your baby if you find any signs.
- If your baby is allergic to any specific ingredient, remove it from the recipe.
- Please avoid green chilies and red chilies at least till two years.
- If the recipe calls for more spices, adjust it according to your baby's age and preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Sugar, salt and honey are not recommended until one year of age.