Sandwiches are kids favorite, to make it healthy always prefer whole wheat bread and stuff with enough vegetables, eggs or meat. This egg sandwich recipe is easy to make, yet filling and delicious as breakfast or a quick evening snack. It can be given for toddlers above 1 year and kids. If you have a fussy eater who doesn't like to eat vegetables or eggs , then this egg sandwich is a great alternative.
Egg Sandwich Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Whole Wheat Bread - 6 slices
- Onions - 1 small sized
- Eggs - 2
- Capsicum - 3 tsp chopped finely
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp optional
- Corainder Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder - a pinch
- Salt - as needed
- Cheese - 1 slice or adjust
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Butter - to toast
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Heat a tsp of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. Saute it until it cracks.
- Then add onions and fry until golden brown. Now add capsicum pieces and toss it for two minutes.
- Add eggs along with red chilli powder, corainder powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder. Scramble the eggs well. Add a pinch of pepper powder and salt. Switch off the flame once done.
- Take bread slices, spread the egg capsicum masala and add cheese slice or grated cheese on top of it. Close with another bread slice and apply butter on it.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add butter. Transfer the bread to the tawa carefully. Cook it until brown on one side for 3 to 5 minutes and flip it. Cook for 2 more minutes and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for remaining bread slices.
- Don't stuff too much otherwise it will come out while toasting.
- You can skip egg and replace with grated carrots and cabbage.
- Don't over cook capsicum, it should retain its crunchiness.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- You can add more cheese to get a gooey sandwich.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.