Oats Egg omelet is an easy, quick, and healthy recipe with oats, eggs, and vegetables. I like to try an experiment on new omelet varieties, and one such trial was this Oats Egg omelet. I saw this recipe here and immediately tried it. It turned out so good and a satisfying snack. Oats Egg Omelette is a wholesome food with the goodness of vegetables and tasty for breakfast. It can be given to babies from one year as finger food. Do try this out and I am sure kids will love it.
Oats Egg Omelette Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Eggs - 2
- Oats- ¼ cup
- Milk -¼ cup
- Turmeric Powder -¼ Tsp
- Pepper Powder -¼ tsp
- Onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Carrot - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Capsicum - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Tomato - 2 tbsp de-seeded and chopped
- Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Oil/Ghee/ Butter - 2 Tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash and finely chop onions, tomatoes, carrots, coriander leaves, and capsicum. Powder the oats using a blender and keep it ready. in a mixing bowl, add powdered oats, milk, turmeric powder, pepper powder, and salt
- Then Crack and open the eggs. Add into the mixing bowl. Now beat the eggs along with other ingredients until frothy and fluffy with a fork or hand whisk.
- Heat a pan or tawa with butter/ghee/oil and pour the egg oats mixture to it. Spread it like a circle with the help of a spoon. Then arrange all the veggies and press it with a spoon. Sprinkle pepper powder on the top. Cook it in low, medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Once the omelet is cooked on one side, turn the other side. Cook it further for two minutes. Switch it off once done and serve.
Here is the video of how to make oats egg omelette for toddlers and kids
- You can use any vegetables of your choice to make this omelette.
- Make sure to introduce veggies and eggs separately before you try these oats egg omelette for your baby.
- You can add green chilies for older kids.
- Adjust spices according to your taste.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.