Again am back with an easy peasy egg recipe! Egg potato scramble/Egg Bhurji – Indian style scrambled eggs with potatoes, onions and capsicum. Its a very humble dish that you can make in jiffy ,It may look so messy but tastes delicious and nutritious too. My darling daughter is partial when it comes to eggs, anything with eggs is a winner to her that justifies a separate page for egg recipes for babies, toddlers and kids.
You can give this egg potato scramble to your babies from 8 months after introducing eggs and potatoes separate. This can be a quick breakfast/dinner or as an evening snack.
- Eggs - 2
- Onions - 1 small sized
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Capsicum - 1 tbsp chopped (optional)
- Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds - ¼ tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil/butter - 2 tsp
- Keep all ingredients ready. Beat the eggs well and sprinkle pepper powder and turmeric powder. Grate potato using a grater. Finely chop onions, cut capsicum into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat a tsp of oil or butter in a pan, add cumin seeds. Let it splutter. Then add chopped onions along with grated potatoes and fry them until potatoes are half cooked. Then add chopped capsicum to the mix and cook it for another two minutes.
- Mix everything well and switch off the flame once done. Add the cooked onion potato capsicum to the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Now heat a pan and spread the egg potato mix to it. Keep on stirring the mix until eggs are well cooked.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.
- Make it with egg yolks alone for babies below one year (if your pediatrician advised to not to give egg whites)
- You could also use boiled potatoes (cut into cubes) instead of grated potatoes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves if you prefer.
- You could add any grated vegetables to this egg scramble to make it more healthy.
- Make sure your kid is not allergic to any of the above listed ingredient before you try.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.