I am fond of dosas and egg dosa is undoubtedly in my favorite list. It's not only tasty but also healthy and wholesome. I am sure this is a best way to make kids eat eggs.
Egg dosas are great finger foods for babies and best breakfast or snack option for toddlers and kids. This can be made in minutes and needs only dosa batter & eggs. It's delicious and healthy too. You can give this to babies from 8 months as a finger food or snack. Let's check how to make this easy egg dosa for babies, toddlers and kids.
Egg Dosa Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Egg - 1
- Dosa batter - 1 laddle
- Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Onions - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Oil - for making dosas
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take eggs. Beat the eggs well with with fork or whisk. Then add chopped onions and sprinkle pepper powder. Mix it well using a whisk to a smooth mixture. Keep it ready.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, add a laddle of idli dosa mix to it and spread it to form circle. Neither thin nor thick. After few seconds, pour the egg mixture on the dosa and spread it over the dosa with a help of spoon. Sprinkle oil.
- Cook until brown on one side for five minutes and flip the dosa carefully. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa.
- When making this egg dosa for small babies aged less than one year, skip egg whites if your pediatrician advised the same.
- For small babies, offer as a finger food by cutting into small cubes or Just mash the dosa with your hands/ dip it in warm water and give.
- Don't spread it too thin or thick.
- Introduce this egg dosa to your baby after introducing egg separate.
- This dosa tastes best when served hot.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.