Spinach omelette is a quick and healthy recipe with eggs and spinach. I have already posted regular omelette and cheese omelette. This spinach omelette is another way to include eggs in kids' diet with the healthy goodness of spinach. I have tried this healthy omelette recently, and my little daughter loved it to the core:) She happily ate it and said it was delicious! You can give this spinach omelette to your babies from 10 months as finger food.
Spinach Omelette Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Eggs - 2
- Spinach - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chilli - 1 optional
- Salt - as needed
- Pepper powder - ⅛ tsp
- Ghee/ Butter - 2 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Crack and open the eggs.
- Then beat the eggs until frothy and fluffy with a fork or hand whisk. Heat a pan with a teaspoon of butter and add cumin seeds. Let it crackle.
- Then add onions along with green chilli. Saute until onions turn golden brown. Then add chopped spinach leaves.
- Saute the spinach leaves for 2-3 minutes until it shrinks. Switch off the flame once done. Then transfer the spinach onion mixture to the beaten egg. Add required salt. Mix well.
- Heat a pan or tawa with another teaspoon of butter and pour the egg spinach mixture to it. Sprinkle pepper powder on the top. Cook it in low, medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Once the omelette is cooked on one side, turn the other side. Cook it further for two minutes. Switch it off once done.
Here is the video of how to make spinach omelette for babies and toddlers
4. Saute the spinach leaves for 2-3 minutes until it shrinks. Switch off the flame once done. Then transfer the spinach onion mixture to the beaten egg. Add required salt. Mix well.
- For babies below one year, you can make only with egg yolk. Skip salt.
- You can use any spinach variety to make this omelette.
- Make sure to introduce spinach and eggs separately before you try this spinach omelette for your baby.
- You can even skip onions and green chilies for small babies.
- Add a tablespoon of cheese at the end for extra taste.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
My little one choffed this down in no time! He absolutely loved it, thank you ?
wow 🙂 thanks for sharing your feedback 🙂