Cheese omelette is an easy peasy recipe with eggs and cheese. I always prefer making a regular omelette as my little daughter likes omelette a lot. But sometimes I make omelette with cheese. It's a best healthy weight gaining recipe for kids and tastes delicious too. Hence even fussy eaters can't say a no to it! You can give this cheese omelette to your toddlers/kids from 8 months as finger food.
Cheese Omelette Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Eggs - 2
- Shredded cheese - ½ cup
- Pepper powder - ⅛ tsp
- Butter - 1 Tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Crack and open the eggs. Then beat the eggs until frothy and fluffy with a fork or hand whisk.
- Heat a pan or tawa with butter and pour the egg mixture to it. Sprinkle pepper powder on the top. Cook it in low, medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the omelette is cooked on one side, spread the shredded cheese over. <span style="background-color: #f5f6f5;" data-mce-style="background-color: #f5f6f5;">If you prefer </span>a lighter<span style="background-color: #f5f6f5;" data-mce-style="background-color: #f5f6f5;"> version, r</span>educe the cheese quantity to ¼ cup. Cook it further until the cheese completely melts. Switch it off once done.
Here is the video of how to make cheese omelete for baby
- For babies below one year, you can make only with egg yolk. Also, reduce the cheese to ¼ cup as it will be heavy.
- Cheddar cheese works best for this omelette. You can use mozzarella cheese too.
- You can also add onions and roasted cumin powder along with pepper powder.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Are we not supposed to cook it from the othr side?
Not required. As we are closing with a lid n cooking
Thanks for the recipe. Keep posting 🙂
Can I introduce this omlete with egg yolks only to my 10 month old baby?
Sure you can.
Which brand butter can i use?
As am baby is teething he is rejecting all foods n even suffering from cold.. he is still on purees.. how to make him start family foods.. please suggest.. am all wortied
How old is your baby?
Evette R Johnson
Thst was delicious ans lityle one asked for more. Had it with plain pitta bread and sweetcorn.
Glad your little one likes it. Thanks for sharing your feedback:)
Hi mam which brand cheese is good for toddler
Any brand. check more information about choosing cheese here: https://gkfooddiary.com/when-can-i-give-my-baby-cheese/