Cheese omelette is an easy peasy recipe with eggs and cheese. I always prefer making a regular omelette as my little daughter likes omelette a lot. But sometimes I make omelette with cheese. It's a best healthy weight gaining recipe for kids and tastes delicious too. Hence even fussy eaters can't say a no to it! You can give this cheese omelette to your toddlers/kids from 8 months as finger food.
Cheese Omelet Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Eggs - 2
- Shredded cheese - ½ cup
- Pepper powder - ⅛ tsp
- Butter - 1 Tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Crack and open the eggs. Then beat the eggs until frothy and fluffy with a fork or hand whisk.
- Heat a pan or tawa with butter and pour the egg mixture to it. Sprinkle pepper powder on the top. Cook it in low, medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the omelette is cooked on one side, spread the shredded cheese over. If you prefer a lighter version, reduce the cheese quantity to ¼ cup. Cook it further until the cheese completely melts. Switch it off once done.
Here is the video of how to make cheese omelete for baby
- For babies below one year, you can make only with egg yolk. Also, reduce the cheese to ¼ cup as it will be heavy.
- Cheddar cheese works best for this omelette. You can use mozzarella cheese too.
- You can also add onions and roasted cumin powder along with pepper powder.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.