Spinach Egg Fry/Spinach egg scramble/Spinach Egg Bhurji - scrambled eggs recipe with spinach, eggs, onions and cheese. Spinach egg fry is a healthy meal or snack option loaded with protein, vitamins and iron. Its a true winner recipe with kids and everyone else as it tastes so good and flavorful.
This spinach egg scramble is a good option to make the kids to eat spinach and You can give this to your babies from 10 months after introducing eggs and spinach separate. This can be a quick breakfast/dinner or as an evening snack. Check more egg recipes for babies, toddlers and kids.
Egg Spinach Scramble Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Egg Bhurji
- Eggs - 2
- Onions - 1 small sized
- Spinach- ¾ cup chopped
- Tomato- 2 tablespoon chopped optional
- Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Cheese - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil/butter - 2 tsp
- Keep all ingredients ready. Finely chop the spinach, onions and tomatoes. Set aside. Beat the eggs well and sprinkle salt,pepper powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Then add chopped spinach, onions and tomatoes to the beaten egg. Mix well.
- Mix everything well. Heat a teaspoon of butter in a pan.
- Spread the egg spinach mix to it and sprinkle cheese over it.
- Keep on stirring the mix until eggs are well cooked. The tasty egg spinach scramble is ready!
- Any spinach variety can be used to make this recipe.
- Make sure that spinach and eggs are cooked well.
- Adjust spices according to your preference. You can add green chilies for older kids to make it spicy.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.
- Make it with egg yolks alone for babies below one year (if your pediatrician advised to not to give egg whites)
- You could also use vegetables like capsicum, carrot or corn (cut into cubes or grated) along with spinach.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves if you prefer.
- Make sure your kid is not allergic to any of the above listed ingredient before you try.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.