Egg Puree is a smooth protein-rich puree with eggs. Eggs are rich in protein, minerals and amino acids which should be a part of the baby’s healthy diet to support growth and development. Check more information about introducing eggs to babies here.
This egg puree is ideal for babies from 7 months. Make this egg puree for your baby with egg yolk first and then move to the whole egg. Some babies may not like the bland taste of this egg puree, so it’s wise to add this to baby’s khichdi, cereals or fruit purees. Check out the notes section at the end of the post for more variations to this egg puree recipe.
Now Let’s check how to make this egg puree recipe for babies.
- Hard-boiled Eggs - 2
- Breast milk/ Formula milk/boiled, cooled water - ¼ cup
- Palm sugar - ½ tsp (optional)
- Boil the eggs for 10-12 minutes until its thoroughly cooked. Crack the eggs and cut them into pieces. Keep the breastmilk/ formula milk ready.
- In a blender, take the hard-boiled, sliced eggs and add palm sugar (optional). Add milk little by little at a time and grind it to a suitable consistency.
- Grind it to a smooth puree without any chunks.
- You could mix this egg puree to baby’s cereals, khichdi, yogurt, applesauce or your choice of fruit puree
to make a wholesome meal.
- You can also even use boiled water instead of Breast milk or formula milk.
- If your baby doesn’t like the bland taste of egg puree, add half a pinch of black pepper powder or cinnamon powder or coriander leaves.
- Add milk little by little at a time and grind it to a suitable consistency.
- Make sure to cook the eggs thoroughly.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.