Fruit Puree Recipes for Babies – a collection of homemade, easy to make, tasty and nutritious fruit purees for babies with step by step guide. Fruit purees are loaded with nutrients and vitamins, also easily digestible which makes a great food for babies. Also Homemade fruit purees are less expensive and preservatives free compared to store bought baby food. Here are some easy and nutritious fruit purees recipes for babies. Also check out our collection of homemade baby food recipes for 6-12 months here.
Bookmark this page for future reference as I will be updating this post on a regular basis. Click on each thumbnail image given under each fruit puree heading for the detailed recipe Choose recipes according to your baby’s age which is mentioned in the brackets along with recipe heading.
- Steaming fruits are recommended for easier digestion until the baby is 8 months old. Steaming fruits helps breaking them down and ensure easier digestion in small babies. Please note that few fruits like banana, kiwi and avocado are the exceptions and that requires no cooking.
- Always serve the fruit purees fresh and warm, though some purees can be freeze. Better to consume the purees within 2 hours from the preparation.
- Make sure to introduce each fruits separate before you try combination fruit purees to your baby.
- You can mash the fruits with a fork or masher instead of using a blender/mixer.
- If the puree is too thick after cooling down, you can adjust the consistency by adding breast milk/formula milk/ cow’s milk or warm water.
- If the recipe calls for formula milk, make sure to not to boil/cook it. Prepare the puree with water and once the puree is warm, add prepared formula milk.
- If your baby is allergic to any ingredient used in the fruit purees, please remove it while preparing.
Easy and Nutritious Fruit Puree Recipes for Babies:
1. Apple Puree/Apple Sauce (6 Months+) :
Apples are sweet, mild and easily digestible which makes it as an ideal first food for babies. The apple sauce is loaded with Vitamin C and its one of the favorite puree for most of the babies. Choose sweet tasting apples like Red Delicious and gala variety to make this apple puree.
2. Avocado Puree (6 Months+) :
Avocados are rich in nutrients and this avocado puree can be made quickly as no cooking is required. Some babies don’t prefer the bland taste of avocados, hence its a good idea to mix avocados with bananas. Make sure to use ripe avocado for baby food.
3. Pear Puree (6 Months+) :
Pears are sweet in taste and loaded with fiber which prevents constipation in babies. Pear puree is an ideal first food for babies next to apples as they are less allergenic in nature. Choose ripe pear for making this pear puree.
4. Banana Puree (6 Months+) :
Banana is an another excellent food for babies as they are loaded with potassium and sweet in taste. This banana puree is so creamy and light on baby’s little tummy.
Muskmelons are juicy and soft, hence its an ideal fruit for babies. This muskmelon puree is loaded with antioxidants and fiber which helps to prevent digestion issues and constipation in babies.
6. Papaya Puree (6 Months+) :
Papaya is an juicy and nutritious food for babies. Papaya puree tastes good even plain, but if your baby prefers combine them with apples or banana after introducing each fruit separate.
7. Prunes Puree (6 Months+) :
Prunes are filled with fiber and fights against constipation. Prunes puree tend to become thick after pureeing, add more water to adjust the consistency that your baby prefers. This prunes puree can be served plain or add it to baby cereals or baby porridge.
8. Kiwi Puree (8 Months+) :
The Vitamin C rich kiwis are acidic and its not great as a first food for babies. This kiwi puree is a great way to introduce kiwi to babies, its also very easy to make as it requires no cooking.
9. Mango Puree (8 Months+) :
Mangoes are sweet and loaded with vitamin A, but its not an ideal first food for babies because of its acidic nature. This mango puree is an easy to make puree as no cooking is evolved
10. Apple Pears Puree (6 Months+) :
Apple and pears makes a great combination and this apple pears puree is a perfect way to introduce the flavor of combination fruits to your baby. Make sure to introduce apple and pear separate before you try this apple pears puree.
11. Apple Banana Puree (6 Months+) :
Apple banana puree is rich in nutrients, flavor and taste. It also makes a filling and wholesome food for babies. Make sure to introduce apple and banana separate before you try this apple banana puree.
12. Plums Banana Puree (6 Months+) :
Plums are rich in Vitamin C and fiber which makes a great food for babies who are fighting constipation. Adding Banana to this plum puree makes it creamy, yummy and also compliment the sharpness of the plums.
13. Chikoo banana puree (7 Months+) :
Chikkoo/Sapodilla/Sapotta is loaded with fiber and that helps preventing constipation in babies. This chikoo banana puree is a tasty and creamy puree for babies and there is a least possibility that a baby can say no to this. It also requires no cooking and hence this puree is ideal during travels.
- Make sure you have introduced each fruit separate and checked for allergies before trying any combination fruit purees.
- Always check with your pediatrician before giving any food.
- Avoid salt and any kind of sugar at least till one year.