Plums are rich in Vitamin C and fiber which makes a great food for babies who are fighting constipation. I should admit that plums & banana combo is a match made in heaven, as adding Banana to this plum puree makes it creamy, yummy and also compliment the sharpness of the plums. This plums banana puree can be given to babies from 6 months after introducing plums and banana separate.
Plums are less allergic in nature and hence it can be included from babies diet from 6 months. When you introduce, u can offer as plain plum puree and then gradually shift to mashed plums and give as a finger food by cutting into tiny pieces around 8 months.
Here is how to make plums banana puree for babies.
- Plums - 2 nos
- Banana - ½ cup chopped
- Wash the plums in running water thoroughly. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and place the washed plums to the water for about a minute. Then plunge into cool water immediately.
- Then peel the skin off from the plums. Then cut into half lengthwise and remove the pit in the centre from each half of the fruit. Now slice them into cubes. Set aside.
- Next, Slice the banana into thin circles.Then take the chopped banana pieces,chopped plum pieces in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth. Alternatively you could mash it well with your hands or through masher if you are preparing for babies aged 7 months and above.
- Choose ripe and small sweet tasting banana variety for best results.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- You can make add little formula or breastmilk at the end to adjust consistency.
- Make sure to introduce plums and banana separate to your baby before you try this combination.