Apple & bananas are great first food for babies as both are less allergenic, rich in nutrients and has smooth texture. The apple banana puree tastes so delicious as the combination of apples and bananas complement each other perfectly!It is perfect for babies from 6 months after introducing apple puree and banana puree separately as individual purees. Babies surely love this mix of apple banana puree for its natural sweetness. For toddlers, you can add this apple banana puree to any porridge’s or breakfast cereal as a sweetener!
Apple Banana Puree Recipe for Babies
- Apple - 1 medium sized
- Banana- 1 small
- Water/breast milk/formula milk - as needed
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash the apple in running water well. Then peel the skin off from apple with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped apple pieces in a steamer for 10 minutes. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles.
- Once the apples are steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with peeled banana, little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
Try this puree with Red delicious & gala apple variety if your baby like more sweet taste.
- You can mash it with fork instead of blending the apple and bananas.
- Generally apple /banana doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using a Idli pot or steamer.