Apple & bananas are great first food for babies as both are less allergenic, rich in nutrients, and have a smooth texture. The apple banana puree tastes so delicious as the combination of apples and bananas complement each other perfectly! It is perfect for babies from 6 months after introducing apple puree and banana puree separately as individual purees. Babies indeed love this mix of apple-banana puree for its natural sweetness. Add this apple banana puree to any porridge or breakfast cereal as a toddler sweetener!
Apple Banana Puree Recipe for Babies
- Apple - 1 medium sized
- Banana- 1 small
- Water/breast milk/formula milk - as needed
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash the apple in running water well. Then peel the skin off from apple with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped apple pieces in a steamer for 10 minutes. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles.
- Once the apples are steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with peeled banana, little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
1. Wash the apple in a running water well. Then peel the skin off from the apple with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped apple pieces in a steamer for 10 minutes. You can steam it with an Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water, or pressure cooks it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending, I use a Combined Steamer and Blender
Healthy and tasty apple banana puree is ready to feed your baby.
Try this puree with Red delicious & gala apple variety if your baby likes the more sweet taste.
- You can mash it with a fork instead of blending apples and bananas.
- Generally, apple /banana doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using an Idli pot or steamer.
Which banana we can give nendran or poovam
Both r available in my place
For first feed which one
both nendran and poovam is good...start with poovam first..then give steamed nendran