Apple & pears can make a great first food for babies. Both are rich in fiber and Vitamin C. Pears are perfect for treating constipation in babies. Steaming apples and pears makes digestion easier. I introduced apples & pears to my baby in her 6th month as individual purees. Once her tummy was adjusted to those purees, I combined them and offered this combination Puree as apple pears. She loves it for its sweetness.
Apple Pears Puree for Babies - How to make Apple Pear PureeforBabies|Baby Food
- Apple - ½ of one big apple
- Pear - ½ of one big pears
- Water - as needed
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash apple and pear in running water well. Then peel the skin off from apple and pear with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped apple & pear pieces in a steamer for 10 minutes. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Once the apple & pears are steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
1. Wash apple and pear in a running water well. Then peel the skin off from the apple and pear with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped apple & pear pieces in a steamer for 10 minutes. You can steam it with an Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cooks it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending, i use Combined Steamer and Blender
Try this puree with Red delicious & gala apple variety for your baby for a more sweet taste.
- You can mash it with a fork instead of blending the apple and pears.
- Generally, apple /pear doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using an Idli pot or steamer.
Leave a Reply