Apple & pears can make a great first food for babies. Both are rich in fiber and Vitamin C. Pears are especially good for treating constipation in babies. Steaming apples and pears makes easier digestion.I introduced apple & pears to my baby at her 6th month as individual purees. Once her tummy is adjusted to those purees, I combined them and offered this combination Puree as apple pears Puree. She loves it for its sweetness.
Apple Pears Puree for Babies - How to make Apple Pear PureeforBabies|Baby Food
- Apple - 1/2 of one big apple
- Pear - 1/2 of one big pears
- Water - as needed
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash apple and pear in running water well. Then peel the skin off from apple and pear with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped apple & pear pieces in a steamer for 10 minutes. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Once the apple & pears are steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
- Try this puree with Red delicious & gala apple variety of your baby like more sweet taste.
- You can mash it with fork instead of blending the apple and pears.
- Generally apple /pear doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using a Idli pot or steamer.