Mangoes are loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, iron, and lots of fiber! Apart from the nutrients, mangoes are juicy, sweet, and tastes absolutely delicious! This mango puree is a perfect recipe for babies to introduce mangoes.
When to introduce Mango for babies:
Mangoes can be introduced to a baby's diet from 8 months as it's not a great first food for babies. Some babies might get rashes or diarrhea if introduced early. When you introduce mangoes to your baby, start with mango puree otherwise mash or cut into tiny pieces and offer in a small amount. Consult with the baby's pediatrician and consider family allergy history before introducing mangoes as it may cause allergies in some babies.
How to select Mango:
Select a ripe mango that gives a right thumb when you press and with sweet & aromatic smell. Alphonsa mango variety is good to start with when you introduce mangoes to your baby. No need to cook the mangoes if it is ripe and soft.
Mango Baby Food Recipes:
- Mango Lassi (8 Months+)
- Mango Apricot Smoothie (8 Months+)
- Avocado Mango Salad(8 Months+)
- Mango Kulfi (1 Year+)
- Mango Phirni (1 Year+)
- Mango Halwa (1 Year+)
- Mango Semolina Cake (1 Year+)
Mango Puree Recipe for Babies
- Mango - 1 small sized
- Wash the mangoes in running water thoroughly. Then place the mango in a cutting board with the stem end down. Mango seed is in the middle. Cut along the sides of seeds down about 1/4" inch from the center using a knife and flip the mango, repeat the same on the other side. Now you have three pieces of mango
- Take a mango half, make lengthwise and crosswise cuts in it, make sure to not to cut the peel of the mango. Invert the mango, cut the pieces through a small knife, or collect the pieces with your finger. Repeat it for the other half. Discard the big seed in the center.
- Now transfer the chopped mango cubes to the blender. Blend everything until smooth. No need to add water.
Serve the mango puree to your baby!
- Make sure to use ripe, sweet-tasting, and soft mangoes to make this mango puree.
- No need to add water while blending the diced mangoes.
- Consult with baby's pediatrician before introducing mangoes to your baby.