Apricots are loaded with beta carotene and provides a great source of nutrients for a growing child. My little one loves all dry fruits except apricots, she runs miles away when I show apricots to her, So I tried to include apricots in smoothies and one such try is this mango apricot smoothie. To my surprise she loved it:) This mango apricot smoothie can be given to babies from 8 months.
Let's get on to check how to make the mango apricot smoothie recipe for babies, toddlers, and kids.
Mango Apricot Smoothie Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Mango - 2 medium sized
- Apricots - 3
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp optional
- Soak apricots in warm water for 15 minutes. Wash the mangoes in running water thoroughly. Then remove the outer layer using a big knife and chop them into cubes. Remove the big seeds in the center. Then transfer the chopped mango cubes and soaked apricots to the blender along with honey(if using) and coconut milk.
- Blend everything until smooth. Pour it in glasses and serve.
- Make sure to introduce mango and coconut milk separate before you try this mango apricot smoothie to your baby.
- You could replace coconut milk with curd/yogurt or cow's milk(babies above one year),
- Skip honey if the mangoes are sweet enough.
- Always serve the mango smoothie fresh.
- Always remember that breast milk or formula should be major for babies until one year hence prefers juices/smoothies occasionally and when a baby is sick.
- If making this smoothie for babies of age 6-12 months, Skip honey.