Mangoes are in season now!!! Who would say no to this juicy, sweet and absolutely delicious fruit! It has so many health benefits as well. This mango lassi or mango smoothie recipe is one of the easiest recipe to try with mangoes. It can be given to babies from 8 months after introducing mangoes and curd/yogurt separate. Do try this yummy mango smoothie this season for your little one and family:)
- Mango - 2 medium sized
- Curd/yogurt - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp (optional)
- Cardamom - a pinch (optional)
- Wash the mangoes in running water thoroughly. Then remove the outer layer using a big knife and chop them into cubes. Remove the big seeds in the center. Now transfer the chopped mango cubes to the blender along with honey(if using),cardamom powder and curd/yogurt.
- Blend everything until smooth. Pour it in glasses and serve.
Serve the mango lassi chilled!
- Adding cardamom to this mango lassi helps in easier digestion and gives a nice flavor.
- Make sure to introduce mango and curd/yogurt separate before you try this mango smoothie to your baby.
- Skip honey if the mangoes are sweet enough.
- Always serve the mango lassi fresh.
- Always remember that breastmilk or formula should be major for babies until one year hence prefer juices/smoothies occasionally and when baby is sick.
- If making this juice for babies of age 6-12 months, Skip honey.