Mango Kulfi - homemade, kulfi recipe with mangoes, nuts and milk! I have a lot of childhood memories associated with kulfis! After trying my hands with homemade icecream, I wanted to try kulfi as well. It turned out good and it's easier to make at home than ice creams. You can give this homemade mango kulfi to your kids after 1.5 years as a rare treat:)
Mango Kulfi Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Mango puree - 1 cup
- Brown Sugar / Sugar - ½ cup
- Whole milk - 2.5 cups
- Corn Flour - 1 tbsp
- Almonds - 2 tbsp
- Cashews - 2 tbsp
- Pistachios - ¼ cup
- Saffron - a generous pinch
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Wash the mangoes in running water thoroughly. Place it on a cutting board and slice the fruit vertically into 3 pieces. Then scoop the mango pulp. Then take the mango pulp along with cardamom powder in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth. Take a bowl and add saffron to 2 tablespoon of milk along with corn flour. Mix well and Set aside.
- Soak almonds, <g class="gr_ gr_168 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="168" data-gr-id="168">cashews</g> and pistachios in water for 15 minutes. Then grind them to a paste with little water to a slightly smooth paste.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan and simmer it until it reduces from the original quantity for 10 minutes. Add the ground nuts mixture to it and mix well.
- Now add sugar. Give a quick stir and then add saffron corn flour mix and mix well without any lumps. Heat it further for 5 more minutes with occasional stirring.
- Once the mixture is thick, add mango puree. Mix well. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down.
- Once the mixture is cooled, add it to kulfi/<g class="gr_ gr_167 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="167" data-gr-id="167">popscile</g> <g class="gr_ gr_166 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="166" data-gr-id="166">moulds</g> and close it with a lid or stick.
- Now Place the <g class="gr_ gr_170 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="170" data-gr-id="170">moulds</g> in a freezer and freeze it overnight or at least 6 hours. After freezing, take the <g class="gr_ gr_171 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="171" data-gr-id="171">moulds</g> from the freezer and wash it in tap water for 10-15 seconds. Then unmould it and serve the kulfis!
- Adding corn flour gives a nice texture and helps to make the milk thicker quikly, instead of corn flour you could use custard powder or milk powder.
- Use whole milk for best results.
- You could use white sugar or brown sugar to make this kulfi. Prefer brown sugar for a healthy version.
- Adjust sweetness according to the taste of mangoes.
- It stays well for 2 weeks in freezer.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this mango kulfi.