Do you know avocados are one of the world’s best food for babies. As its rich in saturated fat which babies need it for brain development. Hence its often referred as natures perfect food. In India its known as ‘Butter Fruit ‘. Avocados are one of the best first food for baby because of its texture and creaminess. It can be given from 6 months.
Some babies don’t like the bland taste of avocado as it has a mild flavor. Combining it with apples, bananas or mangoes enhances it taste. Always choose ripe avocados for baby food. Check more information about avocado for baby here
- Avocado - 1 medium size riped fruit
- Banana - 1 medium sized (optional)
- Breastmilk/formula Milk/Water - as required to reach consistency
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the avocados in running water thoroughly. Cut the avocado vertically into two pieces.
- Remove the big seed in the center part and just scoop out the inner part using a spoon. Collect them in a bowl. Discard the outer layers and seed.
- Cut the bananas and keep it ready. Then take the scooped avacado and chopped bananas in a blender. Grind it to a smooth puree. Then add breast milk or formula milk to adjust consistency.
The creamy avocado puree is ready. Hope you liked this recipe.
- Choose ripe avocados for best results. Otherwise it may taste bitter.
- You can add either steamed apples, bananas or mangoes to this puree. You can make it plain too.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.