Do you know avocados are one of the world's best food for babies? As it is rich in saturated fat, which babies need it for brain development. Hence its often referred to as nature's perfect food. In India, it is known as 'Butter Fruit. ' Avocados are one of the best first food for babies because of the texture and creaminess. It can be given from 6 months.
Some babies don't like the bland taste of avocado, as it has a mild flavor. Combine the avocado puree with apples, bananas, or mangoes to enhances its taste. Always choose ripe avocados for baby food. Check more information about avocado for baby here
Avocado Puree Recipe for Babies | How to Make Avocado Puree For Baby
- Avocado - 1 medium size riped fruit
- Banana - 1 medium sized optional
- Breastmilk/formula Milk/Water - as required to the reach consistency
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the avocados in running water thoroughly. Cut the avocado vertically into two pieces.
- Remove the big seed in the center part and scoop out the inner part using a spoon. Collect them in a bowl. Discard the outer layers and seed.
- Cut the bananas and keep it ready. Then take the scooped avocado and chopped bananas in a blender. Grind it to a smooth puree. Then add breast milk or formula milk to adjust consistency.
The creamy avocado puree is ready.
- Choose ripe avocados for the best results. Otherwise, it may taste bitter.
- You can add either steamed apples, bananas or mangoes to this puree. You can make it plain too.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.