Vegetable Puree Recipes for Babies – a collection of homemade, quick,healthy and wholesome vegetable purees for babies with a step by step guide. Introducing vegetables to your baby in an early stage helps to encourage healthy eating habits and make them less fussy about vegetables in future. Vegetable purees are the great way to introduce vegetables in baby’s diet. Also its very easy to make at home rather than buying expensive store bought vegetable purees. Here are some easy and vegetable purees recipes for babies. Also check out our collection of homemade baby food recipes for 6-12 months here.
Bookmark this page for future reference as I will be updating this post on a regular basis. Click on each thumbnail image given under each vegetable puree heading for the detailed recipe Choose recipes according to your baby’s age which is mentioned in the brackets along with recipe heading.
- Steaming vegetables are the best recommended cooking method to retain most of the nutrients rather than boiling the vegetables.
- Always serve the vegetable purees fresh and warm, though some purees can be freezed. Better to consume the purees within 2 hours from the preparation.
- Make sure to introduce each vegetables separate before you try combination vegetable purees to your baby.
- You can mash the vegetables after cooking with a fork or masher instead of using a blender/mixer.
- If the puree is too thick after cooling down, you can adjust the consistency by adding breast milk/formula milk/ cow’s milk or warm water.
- If the recipe calls for formula milk, make sure to not to boil/cook it. Prepare the puree with water and once the puree is warm, add prepared formula milk.
- If your baby is allergic to any ingredient used in the vegetable purees, please remove it while preparing.
Easy and Nutritious Vegetable Puree Recipes for Babies:
1. Carrot puree (6 Months+) :
Carrot is an ideal first food for babies as they are easy to digest and less allergenic in nature. It is a best source of Vitamin A as carrots are rich in Beta-carotene. Also the antioxidants in carrots are good for baby’s eye sight.
2. Sweet Potato Puree (6 Months+) :
Sweet potatoes are one of the popular first food for babies as they are less allergenic and soft in texture. It has a natural sweet taste and packed with Vitamin A & C. Sweet potato puree is rich in fiber which helps to cure constipation in babies.
Pumpkins is a great first food for babies and loaded with Vitamin C and beta carotene, also a good source of protein and iron. Babies will love this pumpkin puree recipe for its sweet taste.
4. Mashed Potatoes/Potato Puree (8 Months+) :
White potatoes are loaded with carbohydrates and has some good amount of Vitamin A & C . Potatoes may cause gas in some babies and hence its ideal to wait until the baby is 8 months old to introduce potatoes and this delicious mashed potatoes is good to begin with.
5. Carrot beetroot potato puree (8 Months+) :
Beetroots are rich in iron and Vitamin A. But some babies do not prefer plain beetroot puree, this creamy wholesome combination of beetroot carrot and potato puree is the best way to include beetroot in baby’s diet.
6. Carrot potato puree (8 Months+) :
Carrot potato puree is a sweet and creamy puree with healthy combination of carrot and potato. This puree tastes so delicious that even fussy babies cant say a no to this puree. Make sure to introduce carrot and potato separate to your baby before you try this puree.
7. Apple sweet potato puree(6 Months+) :
This soft apple sweet potato puree is a favorite puree for most of the babies. Apple and sweet potato makes a great combination and the flavor is so good when they both are combined together. Apples can be replaced with pear for a different taste.
8. Broccoli potato puree (8 Months+) :
Broccoli potato puree is a healthy and filling puree for babies. Its also tasty, creamy and has a smooth texture which makes it perfect for babies.
9. Mashed vegetables (7 Months+) :
This mashed vegetables recipe is perfect way to introduce new texture to your baby. This mashed vegetables recipe is ideal fro babies from 7 months when you shift from purees to mashed food. Make sure to introduce each vegetables separate before you try combination of vegetables.
10. Chickpea mash (8 Months+) :
Chickpeas are a healthy legumes which are rich in protein, iron and fiber. This mashed chickpeas with vegetables is great way to include chickpeas in babies diet. It has a mild taste and definitely suits the little ones taste buds.
- Make sure you have introduced each vegetable separate and checked for allergies before trying any combination vegetable purees.
- Always check with your pediatrician before giving any food.
- Avoid salt and any kind of sugar at least till one year.