Beetroot puree is a nutritious puree recipe for babies with beetroot. Beetroot is packed with vitamins, iron, and minerals. This beetroot puree is the best way to introduce beetroot to babies and can be given from 7 months. Babies may prefer this puree for the lovely red color and naturally sweet taste.
Beetroot Puree can also be added to baby porridges as a sweetener. You can also combine beetroot with carrot and potato to make combination puree after introducing each separate. Also, check other healthy vegetable puree recipes for babies.
Word of caution here: Don't panic if you see red color in your baby poop after introducing beetroot to your baby, it's completely normal.
Beetroot Puree Recipe for Babies
- Beetroot Chopped - ½ cup
- Water - ¼ cup
- Wash the beetroot in running water thoroughly. Peel the skin off with a peeler, cut them into cubes. (I used a ¼th portion of one big beetroot)
- Transfer the chopped beetroot cubes to the pressure cooker and add ¼ cup of water. Pressure cook it for two whistles in medium flame. Alternatively, you can steam cook the beetroots for 10 minutes or until soft. Open the cooker once pressure released.
- Transfer the cooked beetroots to a blender. Grind it to a smooth paste. Add the water which is used for cooking to reach the desired consistency while grinding. You could also mash it with a potato masher instead of blending.
Here is the video of how to make beetroot puree for babies with health benefits
- Check with your baby's doctor before introducing a beetroot to your baby.
- You could also mash it with a potato masher instead of grinding the beetroots.