Pumpkin Pancakes - Soft, Fluffy pancakes made with homemade pumpkin puree eggs, and whole wheat flour. Pumpkins are suitable for making satisfying desserts, cakes, and pancakes. Needless to say the taste of the pancakes, it was yummy! My little one relished it, and my happiness knew no bounds! These pumpkin pancakes can be given to babies after one year as finger food. You can top it with maple syrup, dates syrup, chocolate syrup/ honey or fruits of your choice. Tastes Delicious!
Other Pumpkin Recipes for Toddlers and Kids
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Egg - 1 Large
- Butter - 2 tbsp + As needed to make pancakes
- Palm Sugar/ Brown sugar/jaggery - 2 tbsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree - 1/3 Cup
- Whole wheat flour - 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready. In a bowl, break one large egg and add. Then add in melted butter.
- Now add milk and sugar.
- Mix everything using a hand whisk.
- Add in pumpkin puree and give a quick mix.
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- Also, add baking powder and cinnamon powder.
- Now transfer the pumpkin-egg mixture to the whole wheat flour mix. Stir it gently until moistened.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of butter. Add 1/4 cup of pumpkin pancake batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. It should be thick like pancakes. Cook in low, medium flame. Cook until bubbles form on top of pancakes and flip it carefully. Cook the other side for 2 minutes. Repeat the same for remaining pumpkin pancake batter.
Here is the video of how to make pumpkin pancake for Toddlers and Kids
- Mix 1 tsp of flaxseed powder with 1/4 cup of water to replace egg
- You can add the nuts powder to the pumpkin pancake batter to make it more healthy.
- Cook everything in low to medium flame; otherwise it gets burnt or sticky.
- You could also use water instead of milk.
- Adjust sweetness as per the taste of pumpkin.
- Don't spread this pumpkin pancakes thin. Otherwise, it won't be fluffy.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.