Ever since the little one started liking pancakes, I am trying new varieties of it. We tasted this kind of oats pancakes in a restaurant. My little daughter liked it very much. So I tried in my way and got hooked into this recipe. I had few requests to post easy recipes with oats, so keep watching for more oats recipes in the future:). Till then, check out this oats banana porridge recipe that I posted sometime back.
You can give these oats pancakes to your toddlers/kids at breakfast/dinner or as a snack. It can be served with honey, dates syrup, or tastes great even plain. Let's get on to check how to make these tasty oats pancakes for toddlers & kids.
Oats Pancakes Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Oats - ½ cup
- Whole wheat flour - ¼ cup
- Brown sugar or Jaggery powder - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Milk - ½ cup
- Eggs - 1
- Salt - a pinch
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - ½ tsp
- Measure oats, whole wheat flour, sugar/Jaggery. Keep it ready, along with other ingredients. Dry roast the oats in a pan until a nice aroma comes. Remove from the pan once done. Let it cool down.
- Grind the dry roasted oats in a blender to a fine powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add milk, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, sugar/jaggery and mix well with a whisk.
- In another bowl, add oats flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well. Now add the egg and milk mixture to it. Mix well so that no lumps are formed. The batter should be like regular dosa batter consistency neither too thick nor runny. Set aside.
- Heat a pan or tawa, add a ladle of batter to it, and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. Cook until brown on one side for five minutes and flip the pancake. Cook for a minute and remove from the pan. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
Here is the video of how to make oats pancakes for toddlers and kids
- Vegetarians can skip eggs and try adding bananas instead.
- You can skip baking soda if you don't want to add.
- You can also skip whole wheat flour and try only with oats.
- Don't spread it too thin. Otherwise, it may stick to the tawa.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
What brand vanilla extract u are using?Can we use vanilla essence instead of this?
Yes ?u can use vannila essence
Nice:) will try it out!!
Sure . Give a feedback too
Dont we have to cook the oats in water before making pancakes? I am planning to make this receipe for my 19month old baby. So i want to know if the oats get cooked while in d pan it self?
No need to cook oats separate. As we are grinding the oats into powder, it gets cooked easily while making pancakes.
Durga Gaithri Kanaysan
can we use rolled oats
Yes you can use rolled oats
Any oats pancake recipe without egg and baking soda? I want to try ths with my nine month old baby
In the same above recipe, you can skip eggs and baking soda. Instead add one banana to the batter and try.
Thanks for the recipe. Planning to make vegan pancake using Oats, Banana, jaggery, non dairy milk, salt.
Can I skip Baking soda and Vanilla extract? Thanks
yes sure. you can skip
Can I use Banana flour instead of baking soda and eggs
Banana flour is made of ? Sorry.I dont get you.
Love your site for toddler recipes. Can this batter be prepared the previous night and used in the morning?
Sure. Prepare the batter without baking soda, store in an airtight container. Add baking soda, just before making pancakes