Mango is a king of fruit and loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, iron & lots of fiber! Beyond the nutrients, mangoes are juicy, sweet and taste absolutely delicious!
When can I introduce mango to my baby?
Mangoes can be introduced to a baby's diet from 8 months as it's not a great first food for babies. Some babies might get rashes or diarrhea if introduced early. When you introduce mangoes to your baby, start with mango puree otherwise mash or cut into tiny pieces and offer in a small amount. Consult with the baby's pediatrician and consider family allergy history before introducing mangoes as it may cause allergies in some babies.
Nutrients in Mangoes
Health Benefits of Mango for Babies
- Mangoes are an excellent source of dietary fiber, aids in digestion and prevent constipation in babies
- Calories in mango promote healthy weight gain in babies
- Packed with Vitamin E & C and hence mangoes help to keep your baby's immune system strong
- Vitamin A in mango promotes good eyesight for baby
- Eating mangoes help to keep the baby cool in summer
- Mangoes can be good for baby's skin and reduce skin problems
- The antioxidants in mango help preventing cancer and heart disease
How to select Mango for Baby Food
Select a ripe mango that gives a good thumb when you press and with a sweet & aromatic smell. Ripe mangoes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If the mangoes are unripe, wrap the mangoes in a paper and keep them in a warm place, they will get ripe within two days!
Alphonso mango variety is good to start with when you introduce mangoes to your baby. No need to cook the mangoes if it is ripe and soft. In some places, Mangoes are ripened artificially using calcium carbide, which can cause health problems and hence buy mangoes from a reliable seller or opt for organic certified ones.
Mango Baby Food Recipes
So We have got you covered everything about mangoes with delicious recipes, what you want to prepare for your baby right now!