Mango custard - a delicious eggless dessert made with mangoes, milk and custard powder. My Little daughter likes mango in any farm, hence I love to experiment different mango recipes. This mango custard is one such try and it tasted so rich and creamy. I am planning to make this again before the mango season comes to end as its on huge demand at home:) This mango custard can be given to babies after one year.Do try this once and enjoy this dessert as a family:)
Similar Custard Recipes:
Mango Custard Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Mango- 1 large or mango puree - 1/2 cup
- Whole Milk - 1.5 cups
- Custard powder - 1 tbsp
- Jaggery/unrefined sugar /brown sugar- 2 tbsp
- Fresh Cream - 1 tbsp
- Chopped nuts - 1 tbsp
- In a small bowl, take custard powder. Add 1/4 cup of milk to it and mix well with a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps. Set aside.
- Wash mangoes and take a pulp. Puree the mango pulp in a blender to a smooth paste without adding any water. Set aside. Reserve some mango pieces to add in final custard if desired.
- Heat the milk in a pan until rolling boil. Then add sugar and mix well.
- Simmer it for 5 minutes and add custard powder mix little by little. Mix well.
- Lower the flame and boil the mixture until it thickens and creamy consistency is reached. Give a stir occasionally. Once the custard is thick add fresh cream. Give a quick stir, Switch off the flame and cool it down.
- Once the custard milk mix is cooled down, add mango puree. Mix well.
- Fill the custard into serving bowls and Refrigerate the custard mixture for at least 30 minutes and serve.
- Adjust sweetener according to the sweetness of mangoes.
- Mango Custard gets thicken after cooled down and refrigeration, so switch off the flame accordingly.
- Skip sugar if the natural sweetness of mangoes are enough.
- Avoid whole nuts for small babies, instead use dry fruits powder or almond powder.
- This mango custard tastes perfect when its thick. So make sure to make the custard sauce thick while cooking.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredients separate to your baby, before you try this mango custard recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You could try this recipe with a tbsp of corn flour and 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract if you couldn't source custard powder.