Apple Custard Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Apple - 1 medium sized
- Cinnamon powder - 1/8 tsp
- Oats - 1 tbsp optional
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Egg Yolk - 1 from an egg
- Brown sugar- 2 tbsp
- Nuts Powder - 1 tsp optional
- Almonds chopped/powdered - 1 tbsp
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Wash and peel the skin of apples. Then chop them into cubes. Steam the apples and make puree. Check here on detailed steps to make
- apple puree
- Skip pureeing apples for elder kids. Now, In a pan, take egg yolk alone from the whole eggs.
- Add 1.5 cup of milk along with brown sugar to it and mix well with a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps. Beat everything well until small bubble appears. Then Start heating the mixture in low medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Once the mixture becomes slightly thick and cream in color, add oats (if using) along with powdered/chopped almonds,cinnamon powder and nuts powder to it. Mix well and cook it further for 3-5 minutes until the oats gets cooked completely. Switch it off once done.
- Now add chopped apple cubes or pureed apples. Mix well. Cool it down and refrigerate if desired!
- Wash and peel the skin of apples. Then chop them into cubes. Steam the apples and make puree. Check here on detailed steps to make apple puree.
- Take oats in a pan and add 1/2 cup of water to it and cook it until the oats gets cooked completely.
- Once the oats gets cooked completely, beat the egg yolk and add it to cooked oats. Add cinnamon powder, nuts powder if desired and mix well. Cook it further for 3 minutes until the mixture turns creamy. Switch off the flame once done.
- Mix the apple puree to the custard and cool it down.
- Once the custard is warm add breast milk/ formula milk to adjust the consistency. Feed your baby!
- Choose sweet tasting apples for best results.
- You can also add a tsp of custard powder for babies above one year.
- Adding oats to this apple custard is purely optional. I have just added to make it more filling.
- Apple Custard gets thicken after cooled down and refrigeration, so switch off the flame accordingly.
- You can also refrigerate the custard mixture for 15-20 minutes and serve.
- Skip sugar for babies below one year. Use dates syrup if required.
- For small babies, you can powder oats and add it.
- Avoid whole nuts for small babies, instead use dry fruits powder or almond powder.
- If the custard gets thicken, adjust with milk.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredients separate to your baby, before you try this apple custard recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You could try this recipe with a tbsp of corn flour if you want to skip egg yolk.