Chocolate milk is a homemade delicious hot milk made with unsweetened cocoa powder. Many toddlers and kids don’t like plain milk, hence parents always look for ways to flavor the milk. Chocolate milk is a good option for those who want to include milk in their toddlers diet. A cup of chocolate milk has goodness of anti oxidants from cocoa powder and sure a better alternative for commercially made, artificially flavored and preservative loaded chocolate milk.
Check out other flavored milk recipes for kids here.
- This can be given to toddlers after one year.
- When you introduce chocolate milk to your kid for the first time, start with a small amount.
- Always use good quality cocoa powder to prepare this chocolate milk.
- This milk is super healthy drink for kids if you skip sweetener. Hence prefer giving this milk with no or less sweetener if given regularly to your kid.
- You can offer this milk once in a while if adding sweetener.
Lets get on to check how to make Chocolate milk recipe for toddlers and kids.
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 2 tsp
- Vannila Essence - ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon powder - ⅛ tsp
- Palm sugar/brown sugar - 2 to 3 tsp
- Keep all ingredients ready. In a mixing bowl, take cocoa powder, palm sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Add ¼ cup of milk to the cocoa mixture to it and mix well with a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps. Set aside. Take the remaining milk in a saucepan and add cocoa mixture to it. Mix well.
- Heat the milk in low medium flame until frothy. Transfer to serving glasses.
- Heat the milk in low medium flame to avoid the cocoa mixture to stick in the bottom of the pan.
- Always use good quality cocoa powder.
- Instead of Palm sugar, you could use jaggery or honey. Add honey/jaggery when the turmeric milk is warm.
- When you introduce this chocolate milk to your kid, start with small amount. Then increase the quantity gradually.
- Always check with your pediatrician before giving any new food to your child.