Cardamom Milk Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Elaichi Milk
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cardamom - 3
- Brown Sugar/palm sugar - 2 tbsp
- Saffron- few strands optional
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Open the cardamom pods and keep it ready. Soak saffron in a tbsp of milk and set aside.
- Boil milk in a saucepan along with cardamom pods and saffron milk mix for 5 minutes in low medium flame or until rollling boil. Once done, switch off the flame.
- Then strain the milk using a strainer. Discard the cardamom pods and pour the milk in serving glasses.
- For small kids, Make sure to strain the cardamom pods. For older kids and adults you can skip straining if you like.
- Skip sugar if your child prefers.
- You can also use 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder instead of whole cardamom.
- Adding saffron is purely optional.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.
- You can serve the cardamom milk chilled or warm as per your wish. It tastes great in both the ways.