Dry Ginger Milk/Sukku Milagu paal is a healthy drink prepared with dry ginger powder (sukku), pepper powder, and milk. Dry ginger is beneficial for curing cold-related symptoms and digestion issues in children and adults. I have already shared concoction with dry ginger, and this dry ginger milk is another excellent home remedy for cold in children. Check out cold cough remedies for babies and toddlers and foods to offer during cold and cough too!
This dry ginger milk is ideal for kids after they one year and can be given at night before sleep for the best results. You may want to check other milk flavors for toddlers and kids. Now let us get on to check how to make dry ginger milk for toddlers and kids.
Dry Ginger Milk Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Sukku Milagu Paal Recipe
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Palm Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Dry ginger Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Boil 1 cup of milk in a saucepan until frothy
- Switch off the flame. Add 1 tbsp of palm jaggery and cardamom powder
- Mix well for 2-3 minutes. Strain the milk and serve!
- You can also add turmeric powder and cardamom powder for more flavor.
- Adjust the palm sugar quantity according to the sweetness you desired.
- Adjust spice powder according to your child's preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.