Palm Candy Milk Mix - Palm candy/Panam Karkandu is a nutrient-rich, natural sweetener loaded with minerals, vitamins and iron! Palm candy milk is the best remedy to cold, cough and throat pain in toddlers, kids and even adults!
I have already shared a palm candy milk recipe, but this version comes handy if the palm candy milk mix prepared beforehand. All you need to do is just mix this powder with hot/warm milk, pour it to a cup and serve! My little one enjoyed this drink very much! Do try for your kids too, they will surely like it!
This homemade palm candy milk mix can be given to babies of age one year plus after introducing palm sugar and spices separate. Once you ruled out allergies, try this palm candy milk mix.
When you start, begin with ½ teaspoon of this powder and check whether the baby shows an allergic reaction. Check it for three days, and if the baby is not allergic to it, you can increase the amount gradually. You can use this powder to prepare instant palm candy milk.
Here is how to make homemade palm candy milk mix for toddlers and kids.
Homemade Palm Candy Milk Mix Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Palm sugar candy Panakarkandu – 1 cup
- Pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Cloves - 2
- Cardamom – 4 pods
- Dry ginger sukku – ½ inch piece
- Measure all the ingredients as mentioned in the ingredients table & keep it ready. In a blender, add palm sugar.
- Then add black pepper, cloves, and cardamom to a blender.
- Now add dry ginger to the blender and give a run. Grind everything to a fine powder with a powerful mixer.
- Now sieve the powder using a sieve. If needed, sieve and grind again. Cool it down and store it in an airtight container.
- How to make Palm Candy Milk with Homemade Palm Candy Milk Mix:
- Take a cup of milk in a saucepan and boil the milk in medium flame until its frothy and switch off the flame.
- Now add the palm candy milk mix to the boiled milk. Mix well.3. Strain the milk (not in pic) and serve!
Here is the Video of Homemade Palm Candy Milk Mix Powder Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
How to make Palm Candy Milk with Homemade Palm Candy Milk Mix
- You can store this homemade palm candy milk mix in an airtight container at room temperature or keep it in the refrigerator if you live in humid weather. It stays well for 2 to 3 months if handled correctly.
- Sieve it well to get a fine powder.
- Adjust the palm sugar/brown sugar and spices quantity according to your preference.
- Make sure you cool down thoroughly after roasting & blending. Otherwise, it will let out moisture.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.
- Palm sugar milk powder should not contain any chunky pieces to avoid choking hazard in small kids. Make sure to strain the milk before serving!