Also, check more remedies for treating constipation in children.
When and How to give this raisins milk for toddlers and Kids
- Boil raisins with milk, Strain the milk and make your child eat the boiled raisins first and drink the milk.
- If your child couldn't chew the raisins as such, grind or mash it and offer.
- Raisins with milk can be given to children in the morning or night before bed. It might work in 5-7 days if given regularly.
- Once the constipation is relieved, include raisins in your child's diet in any form which helps to prevent constipation along with other health benefits.
Precautions to follow while giving raisins as a constipation remedy for children
- Don't give more than 1 tbsp of raisins (approximately 10 to 12 no's) for children per day as overconsumption of any high fiber-rich food is not right, and that may lead to loose motions.
- Make sure to give more water throughout the day as fiber-rich foods work better with water.
- Choose organic raisins without any preservatives such as sulfur or sulfur dioxide for children.
- You can use black or green raisins. Both work well.
- This raisin with milk remedy may not solve constipation problems in some children. Every child is different, and what works for one may not work for others. Kindly seek doctors to help if symptoms persist for more than a week.
Raisins and Milk for Toddlers and Kids- Home Remedy for Constipation
- 1 tbsp Raisins (10 to 12)
- 1 cup Milk
- Take raisins in a bowl and rinse with water. Remove seeds if any
- Pour milk to a saucepan. Add in raisins
- Mix well. Boil it for 5-7 mins and switch off the flame
- Strain the milk into a glass and take out the raisins. Serve the milk and make your child eat raisins
4. Strain the milk into a glass and take out the raisins. Serve the milk and make your child eat raisins.
- The information provided here are guidelines and doesn't replace medical advice.
- Kindly seek doctors to help if symptoms persist for more than a week.
- Make sure to remove seeds from raisins, if any.