Sabudana Urad dal Milk is a healthy drink prepared with homemade sabudana urad dal powder and milk. I have already shared sabudana urad dal porridge, and this sago urad dal milk is apt for toddlers and kids who are not interested in eating porridges, You can give this healthy drink 2-3 times a week, and it helps in healthy weight gain. Check out other homemade health drink recipes for toddlers and kids here.
Now let us get onto check how to make sabudana urad dal milk recipe for toddlers and kids.
Sabudana Urad Dal Milk Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- 1/2 cup Sago/Sabudana
- 1/2 cup Urad dal
- 2 no's Cardamom
- For Making Sago urad dal Milk
- 2 tbsp Sago Urad Dal Mix
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Powdered palm Jaggery or jaggery /Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Nuts Powder Optional
- Measure sabudana, urad dal, and Cardamom and keep everything ready. Wash the sabudana pearls, urad dal, and drain the water. Spread them in a clean cloth and allow them to dry completely under a fan or shade for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dried sago to a thick bottomed pan and dry roast in low flame for 5 minutes or until the sago makes crackling noise. Remove from the pan and cool it down. Add the dried urad dal in the same pan and dry roast it until it changed to a golden brown. It may take five minutes. Remove the roasted urad dal from the pan and transfer it to a plate.
- Once the sago and urad dal is cooled down, add it along with Cardamom to a blender.
- Grind it to a smooth powder.
- Then sieve it with a sieve and collect the sieved powder on a big plate. Once done, cool it down and store it in an airtight container.
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Add 2 tbsp of sago urad dal powder into a pan. Then add water to it.
- Mix it well with a whisk so that no lumps are formed. Cook the sago urad dal powder in low, medium flame for 5 minutes or until it gets cooked entirely and becomes thick. Stir it continuously while cooking; otherwise, it may stick to the vessel.
- Once the urad dal is cooked, add milk, sugar, or powdered palm jaggery or palm jaggery syrup or jaggery
- Mix well and cook further for 3 minutes. Bring it to a boil.
- Once done, add nuts powder and mix well, switch off the flame. Cool it down and pour it to glasses and serve warm
Tasty and healthy sabudana urad dal milk is ready!
- This sabudana urad dal milk becomes thick when cooled down. So switch off the flame accordingly.
- You can store this sago urad dal powder in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. It stays well 2 to 3 months.
- The final drink should be in pouring consistency, so adjust with milk accordingly.
- Stir it continuously while cooking to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Make sure the sabudana and urad dal are thoroughly cooked, and raw smell leaves.
- You can use any sweetener of your choice.
- To prevent gas caused by urad dal, use either Cardamom or dry ginger powder.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.