Sago Urad Dal Powder for Babies – healthy weight gaining porridge mix for with sabudana/sago/javvarisi, Cardamom, and moong dal. I have already shared a version of urad dal porridge for babies. In this recipe, I have added sabudana to make it tastier, and it also helps in weight gain in babies and toddlers.
This Sago Urad dal powder can be given to babies from 8 months after introducing each ingredient separately. For Toddlers, you can make porridge or health drink with this Sago Urad dal mix by adding cows milk. Also, check out more health mix powder recipes for babies here.
Now Let’s check how to make Sago Urad dal powder and porridge for babies and toddlers.
Sago Urad Dal Powder Recipe for Babies | Sago Urad Dal Porridge for Babies | Javvarisi Ulunthu Kanji
- 1/2 cup Sago/Sabudana
- 1/2 cup Urad dal
- 2 nos Cardamom optional
- Measure sabudana, urad dal, and Cardamom and keep everything ready. Wash the sabudana pearls, urad dal, and drain the water. Spread them in a clean cloth and allow them to dry completely under a fan or shade for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dried sago to a thick bottomed pan and dry roast in low flame for 5 minutes or until the sago makes crackling noise. Remove from the pan and cool it down. Add the dried urad dal in the same pan and dry roast it until it changed to a golden brown. It may take five minutes. Remove the roasted urad dal from the pan and transfer it to a plate.
- Once the sago and urad dal is cooled down, add it along with Cardamom to a blender.
- Grind it to a smooth powder.
- Then sieve it with a sieve and collect the sieved powder on a big plate. Once done, cool it down and store it in an airtight container.
- How to Make Sago Urad Dal Porridge with homemade Sago urad dal porridge Mix:
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Add 2 tbsp of sago urad dal powder into a pan. Then add water to it.
- Mix it well with a whisk so that no lumps are formed. Cook the sago urad dal powder in low, medium flame for 5 minutes or until it gets cooked entirely and becomes thick. Stir it continuously while cooking; otherwise, it may stick to the vessel.
- Add 1/2 tsp of ghee at the end. Mix well. Switch off the flame once done. Transfer to a bowl and feed warm!
How to Make Sago Urad Dal Porridge with homemade Sago urad dal porridge Mix:
1. Keep all the ingredients ready. Add 2 tbsp of sago urad dal powder into a pan. Then add water to it.
- Introduce each ingredient in the porridge mix separately and try this recipe for your baby.
- You can store this sago urad dal powder in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. It stays well 2 to 3 months.
- Make sure you cool down thoroughly after roasting & blending. Otherwise, it will let out moisture.
- You can add formula milk once the porridge is warm.
- Make sure to cook the porridge thoroughly before serving to baby.
- For babies above one year, you can use cows milk instead of water for making sago urad dal porridge.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.