Almonds are believed to increase the brain power in children and hence it’s good to include them in kids diet. A glass of almond milk is a best source of calcium and iron. My little daughter hates to have plain milk at times, so i used to give in the form of milkshakes, smoothies, dry fruits milk or as almond milk.
I have already posted homemade almond powder recipe and which I regularly use to mix with milk and have. But i opt for this instant almond milk when I don’t have a stock of almond milk powder. Both are equally tastes good on their own. This instant almond milk is suitable for babies aged at least a year old.
Instant Almond Milk Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | How to make BadamMilk
- Almonds - 12-15
- Milk - 2 cups
- Brown Sugar/palm sugar - 2 tsp optional
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Soak almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, peel the skin of almonds. Keep aside.
- Take peeled almonds in a blender along with of milk (just add milk to grind them smooth). Grind it to a very smooth paste. Make sure the almonds are completely ground.
- Boil the remaining milk in a saucepan pan For 5 minutes in low medium flame. Then add the ground almond paste and sugar. Mix well. Keep it in simmer until it becomes slightly thick, Once ready pour it in a cup and serve.
- You could soak the almonds overnight and peel it.
- Make sure to ground the almonds completely in order to avoid choking.
- You could also use cardamom powder and saffron to make this badam milk.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.
- Skip sweetener if your baby don’t demand sweet taste.
- Don’t add almonds more than a mentioned amount as we need to keep an eye on the baby’s daily intake of nuts. The above recipes with ingredients mentioned serves two people.