Almonds are believed to increase brain power in children, so it's good to include them in their diets. A glass of almond milk is the best source of calcium and iron. My little daughter hates to have plain milk at times, so I used to give it in the form of milkshakes, smoothies, dry fruits milk, or as almond milk.
I have already posted a homemade almond powder recipe, which I regularly use to mix with milk and have. But I opt for this instant almond milk when I don't have a stock of almond milk powder. Both equally taste good on their own. This instant almond milk is suitable for babies at least a year old.
Now let's check how to make instant almond milk recipes for toddlers and Kids.
Instant Almond Milk Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | How to make BadamMilk
Almond milk/badam milk - Healthy homemade almond milk for toddlers and kids.
- Almonds - 12-15
- Milk - 2 cups
- Brown Sugar/palm sugar - 2 tsp optional
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Soak almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, peel the skin of almonds. Keep aside.
- Take peeled almonds in a blender along with of milk (just add milk to grind them smooth). Grind it to a very smooth paste. Make sure the almonds are completely ground.
- Boil the remaining milk in a saucepan pan For 5 minutes in low medium flame. Then add the ground almond paste and sugar. Mix well. Keep it in simmer until it becomes slightly thick, Once ready pour it in a cup and serve.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
1. Keep all the ingredients ready. Soak almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, peel the skin of the almonds. Keep aside.
2. Take peeled almonds in a blender along with milk (add milk to grind them smooth). Grind it to a very smooth paste. Make sure the almonds are completely crushed.
3. Boil the remaining milk in a saucepan pan For 5 minutes on low-medium flame. Then add the ground almond paste and sugar. Mix well. Keep it on a simmer until it becomes slightly thick. Once ready, pour it into a cup and serve.
Serve the almond milk warm.
- You could soak the almonds overnight and peel them.
- Make sure to ground the almonds completely to avoid choking.
- You could also use cardamom powder and saffron to make this badam milk.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.
- Skip sweeteners if your baby doesn't demand a sweet taste.
- Don't add almonds more than the mentioned amount, as we need to monitor the baby's daily intake of nuts. The above recipes with the ingredients mentioned serve two people.
Leave a Reply