Masala Milk - flavorful, fresh, tasty and instant healthy drink made with nuts and spices! This masala milk is very easy to digest and has good amount of protein and calcium too. Hence it's a tastiest way to add milk in kids diet! Masala milk is also known to cure sore throat and induces good sound sleep at the night! And it tastes best when served hot or warm! This Masala milk can be given to kids from one year after introducing cow's milk separate.
Masala Milk Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Milk - 2 cups
- Brown Sugar/palm sugar - 2 tbsp
- Saffron- few strands
- Almonds - 6
- Cashews - 5
- Pistachios - 6
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1/4 inch piece
- Cardamom - 2
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Soak saffron in a tbsp of milk and set aside. Soak almonds, pistachios and cashews in warm water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, peel the skin of almonds.
- Grind all the soaked nuts together with little milk to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Boil milk in a saucepan pan for 5 minutes in low medium flame. Then add the whole spices( cinnamon, cardamom and cloves). Simmer it for 5 more minutes.
- Then remove the whole spices from the milk. Now
- add saffron milk mix. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add pepper powder, turmeric powder and sugar. Mix everything together.
- Then add ground nuts paste and keep it in simmer until it becomes slightly thick. Once done, switch off the flame. Pour the milk in glasses and serve.
- For small kids, Make sure to grind the nuts finely in order to avoid choking.
- Skip pepper powder if your kid doesn't like the taste of it.
- You can filter the whole spices using a strainer.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to try this masala milk recipe after introducing each nuts separate to your kid.