Sweet Poha/Sweet Poha mix- healthy sweet recipe made using instant poha mix powder, grated coconut, nuts and jaggery syrup. If your toddler is bored of poha porridge, try this easy sweet with the poha powder. Its very simple to make but tastes so good. This poha sweet mix is ideal as an evening snack for kids from one year. Do try this and let me know your feedback:)
Here is how to make healthy and easy sweet poha mix for toddlers and kids.
- Instant Poha Mix Powder - ½ cup
- Jaggery - 4 tbsp
- Coconut grated - 2 tbsp
- Water - 2 tbsp
- Cashews - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Whole Cardamom - 1 (or) Cardamom powder - ⅛ tsp
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Roast sesame seeds in a pan foMeasure and keep all the ingredients ready. Take ½ cup of poha mix powder in a wide plate and sprinkle little warm water on it and wet the entire flour. Keep mixing with water until you could able to make a fist when hold together.
- Also it should crumble and fall when left. This is the correct consistency. Set this mixture aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp of jaggery in a pan with 2 tbsp of water along with one small cardamom.Start heating the jaggery water in low flame. In the mean time, take a bowl with water and keep it ready.
- Continue heating the jaggery water until it becomes thick and bubble starts appearing.
- When the jaggery water becomes little thick, take little bit of syrup in a spoon and add it to the bowl of water. Gather the syrup to make a firm ball with your fingers. If you are able to form a nice ball, that is the correct stage. Keep the flame low and immediately add the poha mix to the hot jaggery syrup. Mix everything together with a spoon.
- Break the lumps formed. Mix it till becomes dry and jaggery is absorbed. Cook it covered for 3 minutes. Then add scrapped coconut followed by ghee fried cashews (optional). Give a quick stir.
- Switch off the flame once done. Serve warm!
- Break the lumps after adding the poha mix to the hot Jaggery syrup quickly.
- Mix it thoroughly until jaggery is completely absorbed otherwise the sweet will be moist.
- Make sure you introduce everything separately to your baby before trying this sweet poha mix.
- Avoid whole nuts for small babies.