Sathu Maavu ladoo/Health Mix Powder Ladoo - Healthy, quick ladoos made with sathu maavu powder aka health mix powder, ghee, and palm jaggery. When your kids get bored of the usual sathu maavu porridge, you can make this delicious ladoos instead with the health mix powder/Sathu maavu. I am sure it is a tasty sweet treat for kids with added health benefits. You can make a large batch, store in an airtight container for a week and serve it as a snack anytime!
This sathu maavu ladoo is also a weight gaining food for toddlers and kids. It can be given to kids from one year after introducing sathu maavu/health mix powder separately.
Here is how to make sathu maavu ladoo for toddlers and kids.
Sathu Maavu Ladoo Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Health Mix Laddu
- Health Mix Powder/Sathu Maavu - ½ cup
- Palm Jaggery/jaggery - ⅓ cup
- Water - ¼ Cup
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Take ½ cup of sathu maavu/health mix powder and add it to a thick bottomed pan. Dry roast in low to medium flame for 3-5 minutes or until nice aroma comes. Remove from the flame once done. Cool it down.
- Take palm jaggery/jaggery in a saucepan. Add ¼ cup of water (or till it immersed level) and boil until the liquid becomes slightly thick (consistency should be thinner than honey).
- Strain the liquid to remove impurities. Set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee in a small pan, melt it and keep it ready.
- Now pour the palm jaggery syrup to the roasted sathu maavu and mix well. Then add hot melted ghee little by little.
- Start making balls when it is slightly warm to hold in hand. Store it in an airtight container once done.
4. Now pour the palm jaggery syrup to the roasted sathu maavu and mix well. Then add hot melted ghee little by little.
- Make sure to roast the sathu maavu in low to medium flame. Keep stirring continuously and don't let it burn.
- Don't make the palm jaggery syrup too thick. It makes the ladoos too hard over time.
- Add palm jaggery syrup and ghee little by little. Otherwise, the mix may become watery. Don't tempt to add all at once.
- I used palm jaggery to make this sathu maavu ladoo as it has a unique flavor, which goes well with sathu maavu. But you can also use jaggery instead of palm jaggery.
- You can add ground nuts powder or sesame seeds/peanut powder to make it more healthy.
- You can also add cardamom powder/dry ginger powder for additional flavor. I have already added cardamom in the sathu maavu mix, so I skipped while making these ladoos.
- Store the ladoos in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator depends on the weather. It stays well for a week.
- Always check with your baby's pediatrician before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this sathu maavu ladoo.
Leave a Reply