Ways to use this poha cereal mix powder for babies, toddlers and kids
- You can make instant porridge for your baby during travel, check the method of preparation given below in the next paragraph.
- Make porridge with water or milk. Check the detailed recipe for making porridge with this poha cereal mix here.
- Add ghee, powdered jaggery to this poha cereal mix and make ladoos. Refer this poha ladoo recipe and just replace poha with this poha cereal mix.
- For babies above one year, you can just mix this powder with sugar/powdered jaggery and give as a snack. It tastes excellent!
- Mix with hot milk and offer as breakfast cereal. Sure a healthy alternative to store bought corn flakes!
How to use this poha cereal mix powder during travel?
- In case of emergencies or during travel, you could use this powder without cooking, add 2-3 tsp of this powder in a bowl and add 1/2 cup of hot water/ boiled cow's milk(for babies above one year) to it.
- Close it with a lid and keep it undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open it, mix well and feed your baby. You could also add dates syrup, any fruit puree or mashed fruits to make it more tasty!
Poha Cereal Powder Recipe for Babies and Toddlers | Instant Cerelac for Baby
- Thick poha - 1 cup
- Roasted Gram Dal - 1/4 cup
- Almonds - 1/8 cup
- Cashews - 1/8 cup
- Green Cardamom - 1
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Take poha and check specks if any. Then dry roast the poha in low flame for 3-5 minutes until nice aroma comes and its crispy. Remove from the pan once done.
- In the same pan, take roasted gram dal and dry roast in low flame until it is hot to touch. Remove from the pan once done. Then add almonds and cashews together along with cardamom, dry roast it for a minute. Switch off the flame once done.
- Firstly take the dry roasted poha in a blender/mixer. Grind the poha to a smooth powder. Transfer it to a plate and cool it down.
- Then take the roasted gram dal in the blender and grind it to a smooth powder. Transfer it to a plate and cool it down.
- Now take the roasted nuts in a blender. Run the mixie for 10 seconds. Repeat grinding until you get a fine powder. Don't run the mixie for more than 10 seconds at a time otherwise the nuts may leave oil and the mixture becomes moisturized.
- Mix all the ground powders together and sieve it using a siever.
- After sieving the powder, cool it down completely and store it in an air tight container.
- This poha powder keeps well for a month if handled properly.
- Sieve the powder well to get a fine powder.
- While grinding nuts, don't run the mixie for more than 10 seconds at a time otherwise the nuts may leave oil and the mixture becomes moisturized.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredient separate before you try this poha cereal to your baby.
- Generally poha doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- The same recipe can be prepared with red poha too and in that case choose thin poha and roast it well!
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.