I am an adherent fan of homemade ladoos from childhood and now my little daughter is adopted her mother's habit 🙂 So I am enjoying making different ladoo varieties and the little one is enjoy eating them! I already posted peanut ladoo a while ago, similar to that poha ladoo is very quick to make and am sure any beginner can give a try. Poha ladoos are generally made with white sugar, to make it healthy I used jaggery, believe me the taste is no lesser!
Poha Ladoo Recipe (with Jaggery) for Toddlers and Kids | Ladoo Recipes
- Poha - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom - 1
- Cashews - 3 broken
- Raisins - 5
- Hot melted Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. In a tsp of ghee, fry the cashews and raisins until golden brown.
- Dry roast poha in a medium low flame until hot to touch and nice aroma comes.Switch off the flame once done.
- Blend the dry roasted poha along with cardamom to a fine powder.
- Then add powdered jaggery to the blender. Grind it again for few seconds until the poha and jaggery are well blended.
- Heat ghee in a pan until its hot to touch and keep it ready. Transfer the blended poha jaggery mixture to a plate or bowl and add ghee fried cashews raisins & mix well. Break the lumps formed with your hands.
- Now add the hot melted ghee little by little and when you are able to hold ladoos, start making balls. Store it in air tight container once done.
- I used thick poha variety, you can either use thin or thick variety based on the availability.
- You can even use red poha variety which is more healthier.
- Make sure to roast the poha well at the same keep an eye on the flame to not to burn it.
- Make sure to break the lumps formed.
- You can adjust jaggery as per your liking's.
- Store the ladoos in a air tight container at room temperature. It stays well for a week.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this poha ladoo.