Rice is an ideal first food for babies from 6 months as it has smooth texture, less allergic and easily digestible too. Making rice cereal at home is really easy hence don't make this powder in bulk, you can prepare it once in a week. The same recipe can be adopted for preparing brown rice cereal too and in that case choose short grained brown rice! Do check out how to make rice porridge using this homemade rice cereal here.
Now lets get onto check how to make homemade rice cereal recipe for babies.
Homemade Rice Cerelac for Babies | How to make rice cereal at home forBabies
- Parboiled rice - 1/2 cup
- Take rice and wash it well. Dry it under the sun or shade for 1 hour or until the rice dried completely.
- Take the dried rice in a pan and dry roast in low flame until it is hot to touch and little puffy. Switch off the flame.
- Grind the rice in a mixer to a little coarse powder. Cool it down and store in a airtight container.
Healthy homemade rice cereal is ready!
- Generally rice doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- You could use any normal cooking rice which you use for your family.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.