Bread Uttapam – Thick pancake like dosa made with whole wheat bread, suji/rava , grated veggies and cashews. I am sure this bread uttappam will be a quick breakfast/dinner or snack when you pressed for time. I saw this recipe in a magazine and tempted to try it out immediately. We had this as a quick evening snack along with tomato gravy (you could serve plain too) and it was tasty and filling 🙂 The taste and ingredients are similar too Suji toast which I blogged a while ago. This bread uttappam is ideal for babies above one year. You can check our collection of 15+ dosa varieties here.
Bread Uttapam Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Instant Bread Dosa
- Bread - 4 slices
- Suji/ Rava / Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Curd / Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped
- Cashews - 1.5 tbsp chopped
- Onions - 3 tbsp chopped
- Tomato - 1 tbsp chopped optional
- Grated carrot - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Oil/Ghee - for making Uttappams
- Keep everything ready. Chop the onions, coriander leaves and tomatoes finely. Grate carrots.
- Take chopped bread slices, suji, curd and rice flour in a blender. Blend everything to a smooth paste by adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Now transfer the blended paste to a vessel and add chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, ginger, carrots, salt and cashews. Mix everything well and add some water if the batter is too thick.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, add a ladle of bread batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. It should be thick like pancakes. Sprinkle oil/ghee. Cook in low medium flame. Cook until brown on one side for three minutes and flip it carefully. Repeat the same for remaining bread batter.
- You can use broken wheat rava instead of suji.
- The batter can’t be stored for a long time. So make it quickly as soon as you prepare the batter.
- You can add any grated veggies of your choice.
- Don’t spread this bread uttappam thin.
- Introduce this bread uttappam to your baby after introducing bread & veggies separate.
- This bread uttappam tastes best when served hot.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.