Beetroot Curd rice – quick, simple rice made with homemade curd, beetroot, and tempering items. It is one colorful and tasty rice that can be prepared with minimal efforts. Beetroot curd rice is a little sweet and alternative to regular curd rice with added benefits of beetroot. This beetroot curd rice can be given to babies after eight months. Check similar recipes with curd for babies and kids below:
Beetroot Curd Rice Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Rice - 1/4 cup
- Thick Curd - 1/2 cup
- Beetroots grated - 2 tbsp
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Salt - as required
- To Temper
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/8 tsp
- Urad dal = 1/8 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/8 tsp
- Hing/ Asafoetida - a pinch
- Wash the rice in running water twice and add 3/4 cup of water to it. Pressure cook it for three whistles in medium flame. Once pressure releases, open and mash the cooked rice with a spoon. Let it cool down.
- Grate the beetroot and keep it ready. Heat a pan with oil and add the items to temper. Let the mustard seeds cracks and urad dal turn brown.
- Add grated beetroot with 2 tbsp of water and fry for 5 minutes or until cooked. Switch off the flame and cool it down.
- Add the curd to the cooked, cooled rice. Mix it well.
- Then add the tempered items and cooked beetroots. Mix everything well once again. Serve chilled.
Here is the video of how to make beetroot curd rice for babies and toddlers
1. Wash the rice in running water twice and add 3/4 cup of water to it. Pressure cook it for three whistles in medium flame. Once pressure releases, open and mash the cooked rice with a spoon. Let it cool down.
Beetroot Curd rice is ready!
- Make sure to add curd only when the rice is cooled down completely.
- Cook the beetroots thoroughly before adding it to the rice.
- You can Skip tempering for babies below one year.
- Any regular cooking rice can be used to prepare this curd rice.
- For small babies, mash the rice well and offer.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.