Curd Khichdi/ Dahi khichdi- an easy and comforting recipe made with moong dal, rice, curd/yogurt and cumin seeds. It’s an another variation of khichdi that you can try when your baby is bored of the same khichdi everyday! Curd Khichdi is very easy to make and easily digestible meal for small babies who have just started on solids. It’s also perfect for toddlers and kids when they are sick. It can be served as a quick lunch for babies from 7 months.
Also check the similar recipes with curd for babies here:
Let’s get on to check how to make this easy curd khichdi recipe for babies, toddlers & kids.
Curd Khichdi Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Dahi Khichdi
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Moong Dal - 2 tbsp
- Curd/Yogurt/Dahi - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Corainder leaves- 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt - as required
- To Temper:
- Ghee- 1 tsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Astofedia/ Hing - a pinch
- Measure rice and moong dal. Keep it ready along with other ingredients. Wash the rice and moong dal together, then transfer it to a pressure cooker. Add in required water, salt & turmeric powder.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it for 4 whistles in medium flame. Open the cooker, once pressure released. Mash the rice and dal with a laddle. Keep aside and cool it down.
- Heat ghee in a tadka pan, add cumin seeds and hing. Let the cumin seeds cracks. Switch it off once done. Set aside.
- Now measure and take the curd. Mix the curd with mashed rice & dal well.
- Then add chopped corainder leaves and the tempered items to the curd rice dal mix.Mix everything together with a spoon. Curd Khichdi is ready.
- I used basmati rice to prepare curd khichdi. You can use any type of rice to make this khichdi.
- Khichdi has to be creamy and thick, not too dry. So adjust curd accordingly.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.
- Add finely chopped green chilli for older kids if you want to add spiciness.
- You can also add cooked grated carrots and mashed/tiny cut cucumbers pieces to this khichdi.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredients separate to your baby, before you try this curd khichdi recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.