Curd quinoa/Quinoa Curd Rice/ Quinoa Yogurt- an easy and healthy recipe made with quinoa, curd/yogurt and grated vegetables. I am trying to include quinoa as a part of our healthy diet, hence exploring new ways and interesting recipes for it. This curd quinoa is one such easy recipe with quinoa that you can make in a jiffy. The method of preparation is similar to dahi poha and curd oats which are shared already in the blog. Curd quinoa can be given to babies from 8 months and also ideal for toddlers as a quick lunch.
Let's get on to check how to make this easy Curd quinoa recipe for babies, toddlers & kids.
Curd Quinoa Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Quinoa Curd Rice
- quinoa - 1/4 cup
- water -1/2 cup
- Curd/Yogurt/Dahi - 1/2 cup
- Grated carrot - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt - as required
- To Temper:
- Ghee/Oil- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- urad Dal -1/4 tsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds - 1/8 tsp
- Cashews -5
- Astofedia/ Hing - a pinch
- Measure quinoa and curd. Keep it ready along with other ingredients. Grate carrots, chop coriander leaves finely. Set aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a tadka pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin seeds and hing. Let the mustard and cumin seeds cracks. Then add cashews and saute it until golden brown. Switch it off once done. Set aside.
- Wash the quinoa thoroughly until the water runs clear. Then Soak it in water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, drain the water fully and take the soaked quinoa in a sauce pan and add 1/2 cup of water. Mix well, cover the pot with a lid and cook for 10 minutes. Keep it undisturbed. Open the lid, mix well once again. You can also pressure cook the quinoa in medium flame for 3-4 whistles in medium flame.
- Once the quinoa is cooked , switch off the flame and cool it down. Then add the curd to the cooked quinoa. Mix the curd with quinoa well. Then add salt, grated carrots and chopped coriander leaves. Mix everything together with a spoon.
- Finally add the tempered items and give a quick mix.
2. Heat oil or ghee in a tadka pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin seeds and hing. Let the mustard and cumin seeds cracks. Then add cashews and saute it until golden brown. Switch it off once done. Set aside.
- You can also pressure cook the quinoa instead of cooking in a pot.
- Make sure the quinoa is cooked well and cooled down completely before you add curd/yogurt.
- Skip salt and whole cashews for babies below one year. You can also skip the tempering part too.
- Cooked grated carrots can be used for small babies to ensure easier digestion.
- Add finely chopped green chilli if you want to add spiciness.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredients separate to your baby, before you try this curd quinoa recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.