Quinoa Khichdi: Comfortable and quick lunch/dinner recipe for babies and toddlers made with quinoa and moong dal/split green gram. Quinoa is a protein-rich super grain with many health benefits. Including quinoa as a part of the baby’s healthy diet, which helps in proper growth and development.
This quinoa khichdi is one of the easiest ways to include quinoa in the baby’s menu, and its ideal for babies from 8 months after introducing quinoa and moong dal separately. Check out other quinoa recipes for babies and toddlers:
- Quinoa- 2 tbsp
- Yellow Moong Dal - 3 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - ¼ tsp
- Garlic - 1 small
- Hing - a pinch (optional)
- Salt - as required (skip for babies below one year)
- Turmeric Powder - ⅛ Tsp
- water - 1.25 cups
- Ghee- 1 Tsp
- Wash quinoa and moong dal. Keep it ready. In a pressure cooker, add a tsp of ghee. Let it melt. Then add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Now add garlic, hing, and washed quinoa after draining the water.
- Add washed moong dal and turmeric powder. Then add water and mix well. Add salt for babies above one year.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for three to four whistles. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker.
- Mash it well with a masher until soft. You can also grind in the blender if you prefer.
Here is the video of how to make quinoa khichdi for baby and Toddlers
- You can alter the ratio of quinoa and moong dal as per your preference.
- Always serve quinoa khichdi warm. Otherwise, it will become dry.
- Skip the salt for babies below one year.
- Adjust water quantity according to the consistency your baby prefers.
- Make sure to introduce everything separately before you try this khichdi.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.