Curd Oats - an easy and comfort dish made with oats, curd/yogurt, and grated vegetables. I am trying some different oats recipes recently as I had to finish the oats pack which is nearing expiry. This curd oat is one such trial, and the method of making is similar to dahi poha, which I shared a while back. It turned out very tasty, and my little one loved it:)
I am sure most of the babies like this curd oat for its texture and taste. Do give a try and let me know how your baby liked it! Curd oats can be given to babies from 8 months and also ideal for toddlers as a quick lunch.
Let's get on to check how to make this easy Curd Oats recipe for babies, toddlers & kids.
Curd Oats Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Powdered Oats - ¼ cup
- water -½ cup
- Curd/Yogurt/Dahi - ½ cup
- Grated carrot - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt - as required
- To Temper:
- Ghee- 1 Tsp
- Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
- urad Dal -¼ Tsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds - ⅛ tsp
- Asafoetida/ Hing - a pinch optional
- Heat ghee in a tadka pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, and cumin seeds and hing. Let the mustard and cumin seeds cracks. Switch it off once done. Set aside. Grate carrots, chop coriander leaves finely. Keep everything ready.
- Measure oats and curd. Keep it ready, along with other ingredients. Take the oats in a pan, add the required amount of water. Mix it well with a whisk without any lumps.
- Cook the oats in low flame for 5 minutes until its thick. Once cooked, switch off the flame and cool it down. Then add the curd to cooked oats. Mix the curd with oats well.
- Then add salt, grated carrots, and the tempering items. Mix everything with a spoon.
Here is the video of how to make curd oats for baby and Toddlers
- I used powdered oats; you can use the whole oats too. But cooking time vary accordingly.
- Skip the salt for babies below one year. You can also skip the tempering part too.
- Cooked grated carrots can be used for small babies to ensure easier digestion.
- Add finely chopped green chili if you want to add spiciness.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredient separate to your baby, before you try this curd oats recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Leave a Reply